Hi there friends! I’m so happy to have you here and I’m guessing you’re interested in our Design Contest. I wanted to host a fun challenge, to explore creativity and have a little fun. Please view all the details below and I can’t wait to see your entries.
There are 2 elements to this contest: An iPhone Wallpaper and an iPad Wallpaper.
Artwork must be sized to the proper dimensions. iPad: 2048 x 2048px. iPhone: 640 x 1136. You must include iPad and iPhone wallpaper, both are required to make your submission count. ALL artwork submitted MUST be original, no stock photos or stock illustrations allowed. Any fonts used must be commercial free.
To submit, post on our Sprout facebook page including both images. We will add your design to our Facebook album, where voting will take place. You may submit up to 3 entries.
Yes… That is plural. We will be having 2 winners for this contest.
1. Sprout will be picking a winner based on the overall concept and design.
2. The other will be a “People’s Choice” based on Facebook *likes*. The design with the most *likes* will win the People’s Choice (share with friends to boost your chances).
Both winners will be featured in a blog post where anyone and everyone can download your designs to use on their Phones and iPads!
TIMELINE: June 1st June 11th: All Entries are due.
June 16th: Facebook voting ends.
June 17th: Winners are announced.
1. When creating your artwork, please keep in mind that iPads can be used in both horizontal and vertical formats — this is why the iPad dimensions are square — design accordingly.
2. The new iOS features a new opaque dock menu, when designing be aware of this element. Make sure when using your wallpaper, it doesn’t create an unappealing color.
3. Think about designing for a broad audience, our Facebook viewers are also voting. The more *likes* you get, the better your chances are to win!
4. Your designs must work as a set, but this doesn’t mean they have to be identical… Get creative! That’s part of the fun!